Sunday, August 17, 2008

To the things I didn't realize I knew

Today was an interesting day, filled with ups and downs but in the end I think it was good (pending on a little guy falling asleep really fast). The day started with church where I started to think about the words that I speak to others. Mine aren't always the most encouraging and they should be. Then a relaxing afternoon with Mike and a stressful one with Ben, strange how an afternoon can be both. Then this evening someone reminded me about a little girl I met the first time I was in Africa and that made me think of Benard, the 18 month old boy that I also met the first time I was in Zambia. The I thought of the circumstances of Zambians and how I am truly,truly blessed to be where I am today and to have my little family. No matter how I look at things, I have more than in my life than anyone that I worked with in Zambia could ever dream of. I have a husband who loves me and respects all aspects of who I am and respects my opinions. I also have a son who is super healthy and is such a joy in my life, even though some days I don't seem to see that. And they are both just the start of what I have, what else could I ask for?

I know this is truly sappy, but lately I've been in a little bit of a funk and this day just was a slap in the face that even with all the hard changes and decisions that I have to make in my life, God is with me and he is blessing me. "Thank you Lord for all that you have done for me. I do not deserve the love that you give to me. Thank you for Your blessing."
Here are just a few recent shots of my little family because I know that I like pictures to go along with a blog posting. first; mike and I at a ball game, above; ben and mike at the rodeo.

1 comment:

Rietta said...

thanks for encouraging us to see our blessings.

love, a. rietta