Sunday, May 17, 2009

Not much happening

Well, it has been a cool week here and most of it was spent inside with a sick Ben. That is for me, Mike spent time with school groups and working on the site for the encounter program. He loves to work and he's really working hard on this one. Right now they have to figure everything out, from how they are going to cook outdoors style to actually physically building the site. It all sounds like a lot of fun and I would love to be helping out, but my place is with Ben for now.

Just a few prayer requests. Ben is sick again and non of us are getting enough sleep. Every time he seems to be on the mend he gets sick again and I'm not sure where he's getting this sickness from, maybe the school groups. Another and fairly big request is that the camp gets its pumps to finish the plumming soon. It affects the entire camp, but affects directly because if they don't fix it we will be living in a trailer with not black water out put. To those of you who don't know what that means, I will have to take Ben with me to the public bathroom whenever I have to go and we will have to share showers/baths with everyone else. I'm sure that it could be don't but it would be a lot harder then life needs to be here. There are enough challenges living up here, we don't need one more.

Thank you for all of your love, support and prayers. We miss you and would love to hear from all of you. Please e-mail anytime or send a letter.

1 comment:

jkwiens said...

Thanks for writing with an update. It is crazy to think that 3 weeks have gone by already! I will keep you in my prayers, especially with Ben being sick and the whole water thing... you are such good mom and wife. I loved how you said "right now my place is with Ben" meaning stuck inside and going on little sleep... none of that is easy, but nothing can replace you being there with Ben while his little body fights being sick. Hang in there! Hugs, Amber