Saturday, May 9, 2009

Week 2

Here we are on an adventure @ the camp. We had a great weekend as a family last weekend, we have sent that much time together in a long time. It was nice to have a little breather with all the changes. Ben was slowly getting better @ this point so we vetured into Salmon Arm and Vernon on the weekend. I really didn't know what to expect out of the towns here but we are in need of nothing. I'm sure I'll miss some of my fav. stores but I don't have money to spend on clothes so they would just be temptations anyways.

Ben is all better now, no rash and no signs of his cold anymore. I was thinking he would get sick less up here, but we will have to see.

I was feeling very cooped up this week and a little frustrated with nothing to do when everyone is working hard around me. So the last day a group was here I took my camera out and took pictures of them on the zip line. They looked like it was a lot of fun. I'll never do it but I had a lot of fun taking pictures. Please pray that with my mind being free of active thought that my vivid imagination doesn't take me away and I get depressed for feeling alone up here. The people are great, but they all have jobs to do and I just have Ben and up here, we just wonder around outside a lot.

Anyway, on a happier note. There was a run, walk and cycle fundraiser today and it was fun to have a family day with camp families up here. I took a lot of pictures as well.

Have a great week and I'll try and write more next week.

5 comments:

jkwiens said...

Thanks for taking the time to share about your week. I will definitely keep praying for you as you are on my mind and heart. I am still so encouraged at what a beautiful mom and wife you are... the sermon tonight was about Proverbs 31:30 and how a truly beautiful woman is one who fears the Lord. You are one of those women and Ben and Mike are so lucky to have you. Although I know it's not always easy to follow where God is leading your little family. Hugs and Love, Amber

Bob said...

Thanks for the update. I'm sure there will be things for you to do God was just giving you a breather after the busy time you had before going up there Happy mothers day
Love you all lots
mom

Rietta said...

Happy Birthday Mike !!

love, a. Rietta, etc.

Oma said...

Thanks for posting.

I miss you and your " little " guy.
Happy birthday Mike !

Katherine said...

Thanks for updating on your time there, I really enjoy reading what you guys are up too. I am sorry that you feeling lonely, I will be praying for you as you adjust to the changes. Miss you guys and love you lots!!