Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Camping for the Very First Time!!!!!!

I just wanted to share the latest adventure of Ben and mine. We went camping the last couple of days across the line at Bay View. My mom invited us to go with her and we had a great time with many firsts for Ben. I was challenging to get all of Ben's stuff in with ours in my mom's truck so I'm kind of wondering how Mike and I will fit everything in our little car when our little family goes camping on Father's Day weekend?

I'm sure there were moments when things weren't too exiting for Ben. My mom and I enjoyed a little shopping while we were down there and we didn't have anything to put Ben in so we had to carry him the whole time. He just wanted to play when we wanted to shop. He's getting better in his play yard though, we ended up getting more sleep then when Mike and I were at Sun Peaks. Oh I'm so glad my little guy is growing up (yes I do know I will miss each stage when it is gone).

Well, anyway here it is our camping adventure.

Here's Ben, his first time in a highchair at a restaurant.

This was our little cabin that we were staying in and I was chopping wood as I kept watch over my child. I know a cabin isn't real camping but all it had was beds and a table, well and a heater. It was Ben's first time out and we didn't want him to get too cold. It was nice not to be wet the whole time, we would have been if we were in a tent.


My mom and 'relaxing' on the beach the second day. I think this was the best weather we had all day. There was a lot of rain that day.

Just Ben.


Here's Ben just relaxing in the cabin. He was so great that I think we must try it again and in an actual tent next time.

2 comments:

Days of our Lives said...

oh fun ! look at ben sitting in that high chair , what a big boy :)

Carla said...

That looks like a great cabin!! Waay better than a tent in May when it can be so cold at night.